Pitch for Charity
The editor is in! Chronicle Books is proud to announce an all-new event: Pitch for Charity.
Come to our San Francisco office on Wednesday December 8th from 3-5 p.m., pitch your book, and you’ll receive in-person feedback from a Chronicle Books editor. If the project is a match, one day you could be a Chronicle author! A suggested donation of $10 will go to Habitat for Humanity.
Here are the details:
Wednesday, December 8th
680 2nd Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
$10 suggested donation
Here’s how it will work:
You arrive at 3:00 p.m. with your materials. A Chronicle employee will check you in and sign you up for a ten-minute time slot. When it’s your turn, be ready to give your pitch in five minutes or less. The editor will use the remaining five minutes to ask you questions about your project and give you constructive feedback.
The best pitches will include:
• A well-honed and practiced pitch that clearly describes what your project is, who it’s for, and why you’re the person to write/create it
• A cover sheet that includes a concise description of the project
• 10-15 pieces of sample art, if necessary. (Make copies—please don’t bring original art!)
• Sample text—two to three pages at most—that can be read by the editor during your meeting and that you feel is best representative of your work.
• Contact information: phone number and email address.
• A good knowledge of what we publish—check out www.chroniclebooks.com to determine if your project might be a match for us.
For more detailed submission guidelines, go to: www.chroniclebooks.com/submissions
*Please note: Our children’s publishing group will only be reviewing picture books at the event.
Just as with all submissions we receive, your project may not be right for Chronicle, but we are also glad to help suggest other avenues for your work, whether that’s with another publisher, a magazine, a blog, or self-publishing services.
We’re looking forward to meeting you face-to-face, offering immediate feedback—and possibly publishing your book!
Think you’ll attend? Have questions? Talk to us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Matt Robinson (see all)
- Is Shakespeare Relevant? - January 28, 2011
- Art + Design: Launching into 2011 - January 14, 2011
- Last Wednesday’s first ever Pitch for Charity was a great success! - December 17, 2010
Ask an Art Book EditorJuly 15th, 2015
So, You’ve Written a Children’s Book…Now What?December 17th, 2014
With the Publisher’s Compliments: Here Comes Destructosaurus!November 21st, 2013
With the Publisher’s Compliments: FeastAugust 26th, 2013
With the Publisher’s Compliments: Ten Thousand StoriesAugust 2nd, 2013