Eight Ways You Can Help Save Our Oceans
Last Friday, we celebrated Earth Day with a Plastiki book signing with Revo Sunglasses at Paragon Sports in New York City. Many of the 50+ guests lined up well in advance to meet author David de Rothschild.
Leading up to the big day, we shared daily tips from the book on how to save the oceans on Twitter. In case you missed ‘em, here are eight easy things you can do:
• Reduce your carbon footprint by running errands on foot, by bike, or on public transit.
• Every gallon of water you use comes from a natural ecosystem, so keep your shower singing brief!
• Lower the thermostat, save a mollusk (and you’ll save money too).
• Could you live without plastic? See myplasticfreelife.com for tips to keep plastic out of our oceans.
• Support a local car wash: they clean & reuse water instead of sending it down the storm drain.
• Hankering for halibut? Make sure your dinner menu is sustainable at montereybayaquarium.org.
• Save our oceans: Refuse single-use plastics! Start by switching to a reusable water bottle.
• Let the fish do something else for Fish Free Friday.
Senior Marketing Manager
Subscribe to our Pop Culture Newsletter.
Feeling Emotional about Leonard NimoyFebruary 27th, 2015
Jackets Required and a Secret History of Pavement’s Brighten the CornersFebruary 26th, 2015
Good Advice from a Good Dog: A Visit to Wilma’s WorldFebruary 19th, 2015
How to Seduce the MuseFebruary 5th, 2015