Stationery

Inspirations

Inspirations is a new monthly post about what we’re seeing, hearing about, experiencing and being inspired by. Let us know what you think of our inspirations, and share some of yours if you’d like. Comment below and you’ll be eligible to win a copy of each of the items in our new DwellStudio stationery line.

1. Wednesday Patterns by Leanne Shapton
2. Watercolor Notecard by Rifle Paper Co.
3. Anything and everything by Maira Kalman
4. Custom chalk letting by Dana Tanamachi
5. Artwork and lettering by Grady McFerrin
6. Geometric Thank You Card Set by Yellow Owl Workshop
7. New Nature Systems 4 by Russell Leng
8. Paintings by Michelle Armas
9. Botanicals Notebook Collection by Rifle Paper Co.
10. All things Paris!

Kristen Hewitt
Associate Design Director

One winner will be selected at random and announced on Thursday, August 4.

• Elaine July 29, 2011 at 10:11 am

Ooo! All the colors and patterns!! So much fun stuff! I had to enter, the 4th is my birthday! Maybe I'll get a wonderful "surprise"!

:) elaine

• allegra July 29, 2011 at 10:25 am

color definitely inspires my day…and paris. mais oui!

• Danae July 29, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I LOVE the Paintings by Michelle Adams! Very inspirational, thank you for sharing.

• alicia July 29, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Love all of these, in particular the geometrics- patterns like these have been inspiring lots of my DIY projects lately. I'm also partial to the watercolors.

• mollyandtheprincess July 30, 2011 at 8:11 am

I love the idea of sharing your monthly inspirations! The DwellStudio peacock notebook looks wonderful, and I LOVE the Wednesday Patterns and Geometric Thank You Card Set. I'm being inspired by geometric designs at the moment too, and really love the Silver Styler notebook from designwalls http://www.designwallas.com/ ISBN no: 9788174365583

• blythe hill July 30, 2011 at 1:37 pm

oh. my. word. i am SWOONING over all this loveliness! I love Maira, love Rifle, love all of it! Whoever wins this loot is a lucky individ! ;)

• Annie August 1, 2011 at 10:57 am

#3 (Kitty Carlisle Hart) inspires me to write lots of little snail mail notes and send to my girlfriends! Love!

• Nicole August 1, 2011 at 10:59 am

I'm currently inspired by some of the same things you've listed (especially Paris – headed there next month!). I'm always inspired by the colors of food – the reds, oranges and yellows of my cherry tomato plants are my current color inspiration. :)

• APB August 1, 2011 at 11:13 am

Currently being inspired by the poem "Why We Truly a Nation" by William Matthews…

• Domestica August 1, 2011 at 11:56 am

Rifle is so talented – it's awesome to see how quickly they've grown. This month, I'm inspired a lot by new Butter London lacquer colors, by Leah Giberson's hot summer Airstream paintings, back seasons of Deadwood on HBOgo + my 8-yr-old's album cover artwork for his "band."

• alejandra urzua August 1, 2011 at 1:05 pm

my friend adelaida's watercolors, they are truly amazing and their colours make me happy and help me in my graphic design job! the website is http://www.adelaidalarrain.com

• Maria August 1, 2011 at 1:19 pm

My brain tends to think in quotes by Maya Angelou. She is hands down my favorite poet/writer. I find myself driving past nature on the way home, or out for a walk with my dogs and I'll think things like, "Beauty and strength can be found in adversity." :-)

• amorette August 1, 2011 at 1:45 pm

love that chalkboard lettering! i i could work with it without erasing it with my hand….

• Christy August 1, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I am so thrilled will all of the inspirations that you are sharing ~ especially the Custom chalk letting by Dana Tanamachi and the Botanicals Notebook Collection by Rifle Paper Co.
    I'd like to think of myself as creative (but most of my ideas are "borrowed" inspirations of others) ;)

• Sherry August 1, 2011 at 4:33 pm

the chalkboard lettering is stunning! i had just discovered it myself a week ago, and was inspired!

• Margaux August 1, 2011 at 5:38 pm

well, gotta love paris… but the handlettered type examples are incredible too! i think that can be a difficult design aspect, but when it works it's awesome!

• Betsy August 1, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I am completely inspired by light, the light in the trees while we had dinner last night and on a drive overy a mountain pass this evening.

• Laura August 3, 2011 at 9:07 am

Thank you for the inspirations! my inspiration lately has been the sunrise view from my back deck. I was never a morning person but my 4 month old son gets me up at 5:30am!

• kelli August 4, 2011 at 1:37 pm

So pretty! I love the hand lettered type. When I was young I discovered my dad's stash of Speedball books with all kinds of type. I love the signs in Trader Joe's. When I worked in a butcher shop I made all of the signs for specials and on the signboard out front. Good times.