Entertainment

The F in Exams Blog Tour

In honor of back to school, we’re taking a moment to celebrate our national bestseller, F in Exams. The book is packed with hilarious and inventive test answers provided by students who, faced with a question they have no hope of getting right, decide to have a little fun instead.

Tomorrow, we’re kicking off the official blog tour for F in Exams with a group of bloggers who can appreciate the smart-alecky book — educators. Follow along for giveaways, reviews and more! Here’s the line-up:

Tuesday, August 30th – Just a Substitute Teacher…..
Wednesday, August 31st – Blogging through the Fourth Dimension
Thursday, September 1st – It’s Not All Flowers and Sausages
Friday, September 2nd – The Nerdy Teacher

Share one thing about going back to school you either dreaded or loved in the comments section. We’ll randomly select a commenter on Tuesday, September 6th to receive a free copy of F in Exams.

Good luck!

Albee Dalbotten
Associate Marketing Director, Entertainment & Digital

• Mark August 30, 2011 at 10:44 am

Glad to participate. Good luck with the book!

• Briana August 30, 2011 at 11:29 am

I loved back to school shopping, of course!

• Chandini davis August 30, 2011 at 11:34 am

How do you stop a head wound from bleeding – place the t tournequet aroubd the neck and tighten. An answer I once read and will never forget.

• Dayne Pratt August 30, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I dreaded the first day of school "let's get to know each other!" games. I don't care what your hometown or favorite movie is—what I want to know is if you take good notes, and if you'll copy them for me when I'm too lazy to show up to this lecture next week.

• tanya grove August 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I once took a class called Perception & Cognition. On the final exam was the question: What is a superior olive? I had absolutely no idea, so I answered: "A superior olive in an olive in a martinit made with Tanqueray gin."

I got no credit for that answer at all…

• lynneGB August 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm

In elementary school I always had mom buy folders that I thought the guy I had a crush on would like. That way he would comment on my folders, and we would have something to talk about. Really, not much different than modern dating!

• Maria Esposito August 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

My favorite thing about going back to school was buying all my stationery and school supplies. I was a stationery/pen/binder obsessor from elementary school on, apparently! I loved getting my school supplies all organized and putting them in my backpack a week before school even started. My backpack would be propped up in the corner of the kitchen counting down the last few days of summer. And, every year, from that time on, there was the excitement of labeling all my folders with my teachers’ names, wondering who these unknown names were, and what their classes would be like. Then, after the initial sleepless night before the first day of school when I was so nervous that I couldn’t possibly close my eyes, the magic and fear would disappear because, well, there really was no mystery.. It was the same thing year after year! Although it’s been over ten years since I’ve left school, I still get a pang of regret when I begin to see all the back to school sales. I want a reason to buy all those 10 for a $1.00 folders and packages of highlighters!

• paddog August 31, 2011 at 9:48 am

The back to school tip- when answering an essay question, throw in the phrase "and so on".

• Brad Wirz September 1, 2011 at 7:16 am

Awesome book idea. You guys kill me. I'm sure I could dig up a few submissions from my childhood if I had the time to go through my mom's keepsake box in her basement!

• Jennifer September 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I remember one exam in college. The last question was: "Why?" Everyone scribbled their hearts out trying to answer the great, Why? I think the most points were given to the slacker who wrote, "Why Not?" A lesson for us all…. :)

• Laila September 6, 2011 at 2:48 pm

As a kid I always wanted to be in a seat at front of the class, where we sat on first day was where we sat all year. What most people didn't realise was that the teachers don't take lots of notice of the kids in front row, so me and my mate would read Garfield books in boring lessons!

• steven hinck September 19, 2011 at 9:59 am

Is the author , Richard Benson , an American by birth ? Wondering if I may have had him as a teacher in the seventies… I can't find much of a bio….