Design

Pantone Color of the Week: 191 C

Oh Pantone 191 C—known as hot pink to your friends—how we love you! Fun and girly and festive, this is the perfect shade for bringing some pizazz to nail polish and baby sweaters, office supplies and ruffled tops, and summer flowers of all sorts, but especially sweet peas.

As always, you can purchase our joyful Pantone paper products here, here, here, and here. Leave us a comment about what you love about Pantone and you’ll be eligible to win the copy of the new PANTONE: The 20th Century in Color ($40) that we’ll reward to a randomly selected enthusiast of beautiful colors.

Bridget Watson Payne
Editor

Subscribe to our monthly Art + Design Newsletter.

• mirabelle September 30, 2011 at 1:35 pm

love the iconic styling of color with a white band and black text.

• poofbooks September 30, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Classic language for those in the arts business that everyone can speak. You have to applaud something that has this lasting power and its shows no signs of slowing down.

• Candice September 30, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Pantone makes my life simpler! Instead of getting mixed colour results on print jobs I can just point to a colour and voilà, the same every time.

• Kim McM September 30, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Well, that's what I was going to say! (what Mirabelle said). Only she said it better. I love the colors!

• Nadine September 30, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I adore that Pantone made color a Universal Language. No worries to translate “Hot Pink” from English to, say, Polish. Just cite the number, it’s the same all over the World. So simple.

• Janine L. September 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm

'Pink is the new black.' Color our world!

• Nicole September 30, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Well, I am not sure what I love most, but I sure love Pantone 191C, actually painted my nails yesterday hot pink with my wedding nail polish.

• beth October 3, 2011 at 7:27 am

It seems all it ever does is rain here in Vermont. Cleaning up after TS Irene hasn't been fun either. But then you open a Pantone book and the world seems colorful and uplifting again. It's like bringing a rainbow home and finding reasons to smile despite the muck. Thanks for these posts, they've been fun!

• Tricia October 4, 2011 at 7:02 am

I love that somehow Pantone knows what I love. When the release the color forecast for the coming year, I always think, Yes! That's perfect.