Rick Bayless Mexican Essentials: iPhone App Giveaway
I don’t know about you, but I’ve attended some pretty lowbrow Cinco de Mayo celebrations in my day. How did a day set aside to celebrate the beauty and importance of Mexican culture become synonymous with stale chips and tequila shots?
Well, this year, I’m taking Cinco de Mayo back with a little help from none other than Rick Bayless, the authority on Mexican cuisine himself. The chef has just released Rick Bayless: Mexican Essentials, an iPhone recipe app, and it’s got everything I need to throw the ultimate fiesta.
If you’re anything like me, you want to cook authentic, mouth-watering Mexican dishes but you’re a little intimidated. And, some of these ingredients make my head spin. Epazote? What?! Well, thanks to this app, no more. There’s over two hours of video instruction so if I get stuck, Rick’s going to be there to help me. Plus, the trickier ingredients have photos and explanations so I can track them down in the market.
The App Includes:
· 35 essential Mexican recipes that Rick considers the foundation of his cooking
· 40 instructional videos that reveal ingenious tricks and techniques
· 35 beautiful, mouthwatering pictures of the recipes
· A list of 32 key ingredients, all with identification photos and advice on how to buy, use, and store them
· Rick’s original audio recordings explaining more about each key ingredient
· A shopping list aggregator to help you keep track of multiple ingredient lists at once
· Social media sharing buttons
· Search tools, so you can sort by names, terms, slang, recipes, or region
· A toggle button to switch between U.S. and Metric measurements
Melty Cheese with Roasted Chiles
Potato-Chorizo Tacos with Tomatilla Salsa
Smoky Pork Tinga for Tacos
Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos with Chipotle Salsa
Mexican Fried Beans
Classic Vanilla Flan
And in honor of Cinco de Mayo, we’re doing a fun giveaway. To enter, just stop by our Facebook giveaway page or leave a comment below saying what your favorite Mexican dish is. Five lucky Bayless fans will receive a free download code for the iPhone app.
Buena suerte y feliz Cinco de Mayo!
Online Marketing Manager
Latest posts by Alison Presley (see all)
- 642 Creative Challenge: Draw a Bookstore or Write “I Can’t Really Go Into This Right Now” - September 8, 2015
- You Need More Sleep - August 13, 2015
- Why Making Someone’s Day Benefits You Too - August 6, 2015
Simple, Equal Parts Cocktails You Really Can Make at HomeSeptember 21st, 2016
From Yotam Ottolenghi’s Plenty: Fig Salad with Pomegranate VinaigretteSeptember 19th, 2016
Small Victories: One Biscuit Recipe, Three WaysSeptember 14th, 2016
Tasty Tailgating Recipes: Delicious Eats for Your Next CookoutAugust 31st, 2016
Q + A with Julia Turshen, Author of Small VictoriesAugust 8th, 2016