Announcing The Great Tumblr Book Search: Submit Your Book Idea!
It’s official: Chronicle Books LOVES Tumblr. In fact, last year we not only joined the social network, but we also published two hilarious books that started as successful Tumblrs: Dads Are the Original Hipsters and F*ck! I’m in My Twenties. And that gave us an idea!
We’re excited to announce The Great Tumblr Book Search. This joint effort with Tumblr could be your big break, helping you get your hilarious book idea on the top of the submissions pile.
Here’s how it works. Pitch us your laugh-out-loud funny book idea using Tumblr. You can use text, photos, animated gifs, artwork, videos—just get our attention. Then our editors will judge the entries and choose a grand-prize winner whose idea will be considered for publication. You may use an existing Tumblr or create a new Tumblr to illustrate your book idea. Just remember: we’re looking for humor.
1 Grand Prize
· Book idea considered for publication
· $300 of Chronicle books
· Your Tumblr featured on Tumblr Tuesday
· Feedback session with a Chronicle Books editor
· Feedback session with Rachel Fershleiser, Tumblr’s Director of Literary Outreach and co-creator of the New York Times Bestselling Six-Word Memoir Book Series
· And more!
· $100 of Chronicle books
· Written critique from Chronicle Books editors
· Feedback session from Rachel Fershleiser
Hurry, the contest ends 2/28/2013. Visit the contest’s official page to learn more and submit your humor book idea!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Marketing Manager
Latest posts by Alison Presley (see all)
- 642 Creative Challenge: Draw a Bookstore or Write “I Can’t Really Go Into This Right Now” - September 8, 2015
- You Need More Sleep - August 13, 2015
- Why Making Someone’s Day Benefits You Too - August 6, 2015
Come See Chronicle Books at New York Comic ConSeptember 27th, 2017
A Look at Chronicle Books’ Fall 2017 ReleasesSeptember 20th, 2017
Let’s Make More Diverse BooksJuly 7th, 2017
Introducing Specs the Book Bike: Chronicle Books on WheelsJune 27th, 2017