Looking Back at 2013
How is it possible that another year is drawing to a close? It seems like only a short time ago we were looking back at 2012, but here we are again, with even bigger milestones, happier successes, and warmer fuzzies to celebrate. So before we pack it in for the holidays, let’s pause to highlight thirteen of our favorite moments of 2013.
4. Maddie and Theron embark on an 8-month, 40+-city book tour.
5. Steam Train, Dream Train debuts at #1 on the New York Times Bestseller List. We celebrate with champagne. (It’s been on the list 33 weeks this year. Unfortunately we haven’t had champagne 33 times.)
6. Chronicle Kids celebrates its 25th Anniversary.
7. Diane Morgan, author of Roots, wins two of the most prestigious awards in the cookbook industry: The James Beard Foundation and IACP awards.
8. Two of our children’s books, Press Here and Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site, hit 100(!) weeks on the New York Times Bestseller List. More champagne, and a Construct-Your-Own-Ice-Cream-Sundae party to celebrate.
10. Everything Grumpy Cat.
12. The design team behind our Holiday Video outdoes themselves, once again.
13. More than 10,000 people pledge to Give Books for the holiday, so we donate 10,000 children’s books to First Book, a nonprofit that provides new books to children from low-income families.
And that’s a wrap. Thanks for a great year! Oh, one last thing before we go…
Until next year,
Guinevere de la Mare
Senior Community Manager
Bring Books to SXSW InteractiveAugust 27th, 2015
You Need More SleepAugust 13th, 2015
Enter the Ultimate Back to School Giveaway!August 4th, 2015
Survive the Switch from Summer to SchoolJuly 29th, 2015