Love is in the Hair… Braids, Buns, and Valentines
As the creator of the blog Hair Romance and the author of Braids, Buns, and Twists!, today’s guest blogger Christina Butcher is a true hair & beauty expert. (See her wedding hairstyle roundup here!) Christina is sharing one of her favorite looks from her book here today that would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. Thanks Christina!
Valentine’s Day is always an exciting date at Hair Romance. This heart braid is the perfect style for this romantic time of year. It’s also a perfect fit with my philosophy of loving your hair.
I first tried this style on the back of my head and loved it. Moving the heart to the side of my head changes this into a cool hair accessory that is really wearable. I had to include it in my book Buns, Braids & Twists! as it’s one of my favorite styles.
Wear your heart in your hair this Valentine’s Day with this easy heart braid hairstyle tutorial.
Half-Up Heart Braid
IDEAL HAIR LENGTH
Medium to long
HAIR EXTENSIONS NEEDED?
Yes, but you can do this in your own hair with practice.
Your hair forms the focus in this hairstyle, so no adornments are needed.
1. Brush your hair and section off the top half of your hair. Split into two equal sections.
2. Braid each section using the basic braid technique and secure the ends with small clear elastics.
3. Loop the left-hand braid up and around to form the top of the heart. Pin in place with bobby pins.
4. Repeat with the right-hand braid, coiling it around to form the top of the heart. Use bobby pins to secure it in place.
5. You can either finish in a ponytail by removing the elastics from the ends of each braid and securing them together with an elastic band, or by folding the tails of each braid up to form the point of the heart. Tuck in any loose ends and pin in place with bobby pins.
Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Author of Braids, Buns, and Twists!
Sneak Peek at Sage Living by Anne SageAugust 26th, 2015
Make this Boldly Beaded NecklaceApril 14th, 2015
Our 2015 Galentine’s Day Gift Guide!February 13th, 2015
How We Really Feel about Our WeddingJanuary 13th, 2015
There Must Be 50 Ways to Wear a ScarfDecember 2nd, 2014