Distribution Client Account Manager
Chronicle Books seeks an experienced product/sales account manager, in the book, gift or stationery industry, to join our Distribution Services team. The Client Account Manager is responsible for a portfolio of book, stationery, gift and/or toy distribution client accounts. They serve as the primary liaison between our Sales and Operations departments and our clients. This role is accountable for monitoring and driving business results, aligning clients with all business processes, and ensuring delivery of services in accordance with contracts.
Ideal candidates have proven success in product and/or client account management in this arena, with brand management and inventory analysis expertise. Strong candidates possess excellent communication and presentation skills, an appreciation for collaboration, business savvy, and a clear focus on strengthening client relationships.
Who We Are
One of the most admired and respected publishing companies in the United States, Chronicle Books was founded in 1967 and over the years has developed a reputation for award-winning, innovative books and gift product. Our independent company continues to challenge conventional publishing wisdom, setting trends in both subject and format across a list that is as diverse as it is distinctive. We seek and hire people who are committed to the frank exchange of ideas and who foster an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust to help us succeed. At Chronicle Books, we see things differently: we believe in collaboration, we focus on design and quality, and we have a passion for surprising and delighting our readers. We think this makes an exciting and special place to create our publishing.
- Drive Client business results including new product introductions to consumer and retail markets.
- Identify title, format, and channel performance gaps and develop tactics/tools for our Sales reps to address issues.
- Expand client’s overall market penetration through strategic growth of the account base by analyzing account/channel performance and partnering with sales account managers for best placement and new sales opportunities.
- Drive key client initiatives including licensed and/or seasonal product launches, working closely with sales to assess sales potential by channel, advise on inventory quantities and timing, and track sell-in progress against goals.
- Advise on inventory levels/reprints and develop/vet title level forecasts in partnership with Sales Reps and Clients.
- Manage Non Standard and promotional terms agreement process between Sales, Clients and Operations departments.
- Maintain professional and timely communication with client via daily emails, weekly phone calls and during periodic client visits to our offices. Lead weekly conference calls with clients, pulling in key internal partners as business requires.
- Provide clients with concise monthly results summaries and generate quarterly business review/progress to goals reports.
- Serve as primary champion for client's business objectives within organization; exert productive influence across departments on their behalf.
- 2+ years Account Management experience; book, gift or stationery industry desirable
- 3+ years Product Management experience; book, gift or stationery industry desirable
- Retail industry experience desirable
- Demonstrated success in brand management
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Experience in Business and/or Inventory Analysis
- Grace under pressure; consistent delivery of truly superior internal and external customer service
- Brilliant problem solving abilities, superior business acumen and analytical skills
- Highly adaptable; able to navigate ambiguity; able and willing to meet extremely short deadlines and thrive in a high focus, detailed, dynamic and very driven sales environment
- Can switch from tactical to strategic thinking quickly and with ease
- Able to exert influence effectively across multiple departments
Please submit an engaging cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to note Distribution Client Account Manager in the subject line of your email. As a publisher, communication skills are critically important; your cover letter should demonstrate your written communication ability and provide some insight into you as a candidate and your interest in specifically working at Chronicle Books.
***No calls please!***