Sales Account Executive
Chronicle Books continues to surprise and delight people worldwide with our distinctive publishing. We also leverage our Sales reach and market penetration to distribute other publisher’s remarkable books, gifts and stationery items. We seek a strong Sales Account Executive with a passion for books and a keen sense for managing client relationships to join our team. If you are a quick study who possesses exceptional sales analysis skills and knack for guiding client relationships, we’d like to speak with you.
- Serve as the trusted adviser for our Distribution clients, internally championing their interests and navigating our Sales and Fulfillment processes.
- Think strategically and act tactically to achieve market penetration goals and channel performance objectives.
- Analyze market performance and identify sales opportunities.
- Effectively communicate business acumen and analytics.
- 3-5 years of equivalent experience as Sales Account Executive experience.
- Prior work in book, gift or stationery sector highly desirable, but not required.
- Aptitude, creativity and preference for working in small, collaborative teams.
- Demonstrated self-directed, take-charge work ethic effectively delivering results and navigating internal/external obstacles.
- Adept at recognizing and creating unique business insights that provide a competitive advantage for your account clients and the company.
- Must be quality and detail focused, while savvy to the level of detail needed in each situation.
- Excel in fostering consultative relationships with client accounts and Sherpa-ing their needs internally.
- Highly adaptable, able to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
Who We Are
One of the most admired and respected publishing companies in the United States, Chronicle Books was founded in 1967 and over the years has developed a reputation for award-winning, innovative books and gift product. Our independent company continues to challenge conventional publishing wisdom, setting trends in both subject and format across a list that is as diverse as it is distinctive. We seek and hire people who are committed to the frank exchange of ideas and who foster an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust to help us succeed. At Chronicle Books, we see things differently: we believe in collaboration, we focus on design and quality, and we have a passion for surprising and delighting our readers. We think this makes an exciting and special place to create our publishing.
Please submit an engaging cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note Sales Account Executive in the subject line of your email. As a publisher, communication skills are critically important; your cover letter should demonstrate your written communication ability and provide some insight into you as a candidate and your interest in specifically working at Chronicle Books.
***No calls please!***