Client Account Manager
Chronicle Books seeks an experienced Client Account Manager who will be responsible for a portfolio of book, stationery, gift and/or toy distribution clients. The Client Account Manager will serve as the primary liaison between Chronicle Books' Sales and Operations departments and the Clients, with accountability for monitoring and driving business results, aligning clients with all business processes and ensuring delivery of services in accordance with contracts.
- Monitor and drive Client business results including new product introductions to consumer and retail markets.
- Identify title, format and channel performance gaps and develop tactics/tools for our Sales reps to address issues.
- Expand client's overall market penetration through strategic growth of the account base by analyzing account/channel performance and partnering with sales account managers for best placement and new sales opportunities.
- Drive key client initiatives including licensed and/or seasonal product launches, working closely with Sales to assess sales potential by channel, advise on inventory quantities and timing, and track sell-in progress against goals.
BUSINESS & INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Set key title, account and channel sales goals and strategies in conjunction with Sales staff and Clients.
- Play ad-hoc advisory role on inventory levels/reprints and develop/vet title level forecasts in partnership with Sales Reps and Clients.
- Manage Non Standard and promotional terms agreement process between Sales, Clients and Operations department.
- Maintain professional and timely communication with client via daily emails, weekly phone calls and during periodic client visits to Chronicle offices. Lead weekly conference calls with clients, pulling in key internal partners as business requires.
- Provide clients with concise monthly results summaries and generate quarterly business review/progress to goals reports.
- Solicit and summarize product feedback from Sales team as requested by clients.
- Serve as primary champion for client’s business objectives within organization; exert productive influence across departments on their behalf.
MARKETING & MERCHANDISING
- Advise on and monitor displays and promotional efforts, advising client on physical modifications and incentives based on account feedback and results.
- Work with clients to ensure Sales department are provided timely, necessary materials to optimize sales, and advise department assistant on materials/marketing/catalog strategy as needed.
- 2+ years account management experience; book, gift or stationery industry desirable.
- 3+ years product management experience; book, gift or stationery industry desirable.
- Knowledge of retail operations desirable.
- Demonstrated success in brand management.
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, Word.
- Experience in Business and/or Inventory Analysis.
- Grace under pressure; consistent delivery of truly superior internal and external customer service.
- Brilliant problem solving abilities, superior business acumen and analytical skills.
- Highly adaptable; able to navigate ambiguity; able and willing to meet extremely short deadlines and thrive in a high focus, detailed, dynamic and very driven sales environment.
- Can switch from tactical to strategic thinking quickly and with ease.
- Able to exert influence effectively across multiple departments.
Please submit an engaging cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note Client Account Manager in the subject line of your email. As a publisher, communication skills are critically important; your cover letter should demonstrate your written communication ability and provide some insight into you as a candidate and your interest in specifically working at Chronicle Books.
***No calls please!***