Chronicle Books seeks an E-Commerce Manager who will execute plans to increase our direct-to-consumer website sales through traffic growth, improved conversion, effective merchandising and promotions, and will manage the website's daily operations and seasonal catalog updates.
Sales & Marketing
- Manage email marketing program: create content, develop ongoing CRM offers, track results, and adjust promotions accordingly
- Track category specific sales and conversion for all online promotions
- Develop methods to convert new and repeat traffic into repeat customers
- Report site sales, traffic, promotion results, and other metrics
- Implement online campaigns (SEM, retargeting, product feed, etc.)
- Coordinate project development with other departments (IT, Marketing, Publicity, Marketing Communications, etc.)
- Assist customer service issue resolution
- Partner with Marketing and Marketing Communications to ensure all efforts are aligned with current interactive design, e.g. email deliver-ability, mobile usage, ad standards/sizes, improved landing page templates, etc.
- Ensure website content is updated in a timely manner and aligns with promotions and SEO initiatives
- Merchandise site to meet sales and brand goals
- Manage distribution of all creative assets
- Update landing pages as needed
- Oversee ecommerce conversion improvement
- Drive site refinements and new features to improve sales/conversion
- Test and validate new features and supervise external vendors as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 3-5 years experience managing an e-commerce site
- Experience executing CRM strategies and online campaigns (SEM, email newsletters and affiliates)
- Experience working with Magento and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Excel and Photoshop
- Strong organizational skills, written communication, and a laser-focused attention to detail
WHO WE ARE
One of the most admired and respected publishing companies in the United States, Chronicle Books was founded in 1967 and over the years has developed a reputation for award-winning, innovative books and gift product. Our independent company continues to challenge conventional publishing wisdom, setting trends in both subject and format across a list that is as diverse as it is distinctive. We seek and hire people who are committed to the frank exchange of ideas and who foster an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust to help us succeed. At Chronicle Books, we see things differently: we believe in collaboration, we focus on design and quality, and we have a passion for surprising and delighting our readers. We think this makes an exciting and special place to create our publishing.
Please submit an engaging cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note Website Manager in the subject line of your email. As a publisher, communication skills are critically important; your cover letter should demonstrate your written communication ability and provide some insight into you as a candidate and your interest in specifically working at Chronicle Books.
***No calls please!***