Junior Designer, Marketing Communications
Chronicle Books seeks a fulltime Junior Designer to join our Marketing Communications team. Our MarCom team develops all of our branded communications. The Junior Designer works with our MarCom and Marketing Staff to design innovative, well-designed marketing materials in keeping with the Chronicle Books' aesthetic. This role manage multiple projects simultaneously, and develops creative, appropriate solutions for: print and online promotions; videos; brochures; posters; displays; website graphics; retail graphics; trade show signage; and corporate branding.
Candidates should have at minimum of one year of fulltime, professional graphic design work, and possess a BFA in Graphic Design. Strong candidates possess stellar organizational, communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. This entails teamwork, collaboration, and an ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Attention to detail is crucial, be it in communication, design, and/or print production.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design and produce a wide range of marketing and corporate branding materials including: print and online promotions; videos; brochures; posters; displays; website graphics; retail graphics; trade show signage; and corporate branding from concept through print production.
- Communicate in a clear, consistent, constructive, and positive manner. Collaborate with the marketing staff to create the most effective marketing materials possible.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Pay close attention to detail in design, preparation of mechanicals, and written communications.
- Attend Design and Marketing Department meetings and share information and expertise about design and marketing trends.
- Organize and archive files in a timely and orderly fashion.
- B.F.A. in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of work experience in graphic design, including initial concept generation, through comps, presentations, and preparation of electronic pre-press files.
- Basic video skills, including knowledge of Premier and After Effects.
- Command of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), as well as Flash and basic HTML and CSS.
- Ability to prepare electronic files for press according to print specifications provided is also required.
For consideration, please submit via email a cover letter,resume and a link into your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org; you must specify Junior Designer in the subject line.
***No calls please!***