Chronicle Books seeks a junior graphic designer to join our Marketing Communications team. Our MarCom team ensures the aesthetic of our brand is pure in all of our branded messaging. As a result, the Junior Designer works with the Design Director, Marketing Designers, and Marketing Staff to develop innovative, well-designed marketing materials in keeping with brand standards.
This role is expected to craft creative, appropriate solutions for print and online promotions, videos, brochures, posters, displays, website graphics, retail graphics, and trade show signage. Strong candidates display both design skill and a discerning aesthetic, as well as demonstrate successful communication and collaboration abilities.
WHO WE ARE
One of the most admired and respected publishing companies in the United States, Chronicle Books was founded in 1967 and over the years has developed a reputation for award-winning, innovative books. Our independent company continues to challenge conventional publishing wisdom, setting trends in both subject and format across a list that is as diverse as it is distinctive. We seek and hire people who are committed to the frank exchange of ideas and who foster an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust to help us succeed. In short, we see things differently: we believe in collaboration, we focus on design and quality, and we have a passion for surprising and delighting our readers.
- Design and produce a wide range of marketing and corporate branding materials from concept through print production; coordinating multiple simultaneous projects.
- Communicate in a clear, consistent, constructive, and positive manner.
- Collaborate with the marketing staff to create the most effective marketing materials possible.
- Pay close attention to detail in design, preparation of mechanicals, and written communications.
- Attend Design and Marketing Department meetings and share information and expertise about design and marketing trends.
- Organize and archive files in a timely and orderly fashion.
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- 1-3 years professional experience in graphic design. Experience with initial concept generation, through comps, presentations, and preparation of electronic pre-press files is expected.
- Basic video abilities, including knowledge of Premier and After Affects.
- Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), as well as Flash and basic HTML & CSS.
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly self-motivated and confident.
- An interest in/love of publishing is always welcome.
Please submit an engaging cover letter, portfolio link, and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to note Junior Designer in the subject line of your email. As a publisher, communication skills are critically important; your cover letter should demonstrate your written communication ability and provide some insight into you as a candidate and your interest in specifically working at Chronicle Books.
***No calls please!***