Marketing Manager, Children's
Chronicle Books seeks a Marketing Manager experienced in children’s publishing to join our Marketing team. This role is responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans to build sales, increase profitability and enhance our visibility in the marketplace and to develop Chronicle Books as a market leader in children’s publishing. The Children’s Marketing Manager will work closely and effectively with the Children’s Publishing Group to develop the list, communicate with sales, and provide marketing expertise throughout the publication process. Additionally, this role collaborates with the Senior Manager of Children’s Marketing and Publicity on the overall strategic direction for Chronicle Books’ Children’s Marketing Department.
WHO WE ARE
One of the most admired and respected publishing companies in the United States, Chronicle Books was founded in 1967 and over the years has developed a reputation for award-winning, innovative books. Our independent company continues to challenge conventional publishing wisdom, setting trends in both subject and format across a list that is as diverse as it is distinctive. We seek and hire people who are committed to the frank exchange of ideas and who foster an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust to help us succeed.
- Develop marketing plans/materials that are creative, revenue-enhancing, customer oriented and reflective of both title and house. This includes sell-in material, trade and consumer outreach, print and online advertising, and promotional giveaways.
- Create innovative and effective online marketing plans, especially in regards to our growing middle-grade and young adult list.
- Work with the Senior Manager Marketing and Publicity, Children’s to determine and administer marketing budget.
- Help plan and staff select aspects of our presence at various conventions including overseeing the creation of effective and appropriate trade show materials.
- Set strategy for Children’s publishing outreach including entertaining, list previews, and ongoing contact with key industry members (including customers, educators/librarians, and contacts at other publishing houses).
- Contribute to marketing efforts on the Chronicle Books website and blog.
- 3-5 years of experience in children’s book publishing marketing.
- Strong project and time management ability.
- Demonstrated skill at generating creative ideas and developing title/brand strategy
- Aptitude, creativity and preference for working in small, collaborative teams.
- Demonstrated self-directed, take-charge work ethic effectively delivering results and navigating internal/external obstacles.
- Highly adaptable, able to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), pitching, and presentation skills.
Please submit an engaging cover letter, denoting your interest in Chronicle Books and your familiarity with our publishing, and a resume to email@example.com. Be sure to note Marketing Manager, Children's in the subject line of your email. ***No calls please!***