Chronicle Books seeks an entry-level, highly organized, and detail-driven Sales Assistant with demonstrated success in juggling multiple demands, laser-like focus and seamless follow-through. We are a highly collaborative workplace which demands strong communication skills; your ability to build and grow relationships with your colleagues and our partners makes you an essential member of multiple teams.
As a Sales Assistant, you’ll provide day-to-day administrative and project support to up to 3 Managers. A robust productivity skillset – including Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint– provides you with the fundamental tools to adeptly manage and meet many competing deadlines. You possess a willingness to change focus quickly when the situation demands it. Strong candidates have a strong interest in books, and a desire to provide exceptional task support.
WHO WE ARE
One of the most admired and respected publishing companies in the United States, Chronicle Books was founded in 1967 and over the years has developed a reputation for award-winning, innovative books. Our independent company continues to challenge conventional publishing wisdom, setting trends in both subject and format across a list that is as diverse as it is distinctive. We seek and hire people who are committed to the frank exchange of ideas and who foster an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust to help us succeed.
- Gather and prepare materials for sales appointments/meetings/sales conferences
- Prepare key account and sales conference presentations using PowerPoint
- Enter and updating various data into Salesforce.com
- Coordinate sales materials each season for the regional showrooms and sales reps.
- Sending out New Rep Kits (including catalogs, samples, etc.), Sales Rep Gratis Orders, and Showroom Kits each season.
- Help staff/coordinate Sales Conference
- Update the Rep Hub (posting marketing, sell sheets, etc.).
- New Business lead development via delivered lists or research online (based on our publishing and/or retail categories).
- Manage account purchase orders, working with Operations to ensure adherence to vendor routing guidelines and ship windows.
- Follow-up regarding shipment tracking and order status updates, maintenance of transmission records. Work directly with accounts if ship dates, quantities, and other items of PO require adjustment.
- Direct liaison with the relevant contacts at key accounts and distributors, including inventory personnel, planners, account executives, assistant buyers and buyers.
- Daily interaction and communication with relevant inter-company contacts including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Distribution, and Production team members to obtain information needed by accounts for title setup and accurate order processing.
- Coordinate (and produce, when required) sales materials including mockups, advances, finished copy samples, and catalogs. Maintain sample tracker.
- Maintain detailed projection and weekly sales grids for top customer
- Distribute weekly shipment tracking reports to top Specialty accounts as needed.
- Overall General support for Sales Reps in house and in the field—including customer service support, reporting, sell sheets, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- One year of professional, fulltime office experience (internships acceptable); prior administrative work or sales support is ideal.
- Clear written and verbal communications, with a customer service orientation.
- Superior time management and project management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Desire to work in a high-performing, collaborative, team environment.
- MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word experience desired.
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude a must!
- Book experience or experience in a selling environment helpful
Please submit an engaging cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to note Sales Assistant in the subject line of your email. As a publisher, communication skills are critically important; your cover letter should demonstrate your written communication ability and provide some insight into you as a candidate and your interest in specifically working at Chronicle Books.
***No calls please!***