Chronicle Books seeks an entry-level, highly organized, and detail-driven Sales Assistant with demonstrated success in juggling multiple demands, laser-like focus and seamless follow-through. We are a highly collaborative workplace which demands strong communication skills; your ability to build and grow relationships with your colleagues and our partners makes you an essential member of our Sales team.
As Sales Assistant, you play a major role in keeping daily operations organized and effective. You're a meticulous self-starter who thrives when fielding requests from various teams, all the while keeping an eye out for ways to streamline and improve established processes. Chronicle Books is a highly collaborative workplace that demands strong communication skills; your ability to build and grow relationships with your colleagues and Chronicle's partners makes you an essential member of multiple teams. You'll acquire a thorough knowledge of products offered by Chronicle and its Distribution Partners, providing strategic support when needed to drive our business forward. A robust productivity skill set – including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite – provides you with the fundamental tools to adeptly manage and meet many competing deadlines. You possess a willingness to change focus quickly when the situation demands it.
WHO WE ARE
One of the most admired and respected publishing companies in the United States, Chronicle Books was founded in 1967 and over the years has developed a reputation for award-winning, innovative books. Our independent company continues to challenge conventional publishing wisdom, setting trends in both subject and format across a list that is as diverse as it is distinctive. We seek and hire people who are committed to the frank exchange of ideas and who foster an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust to help us succeed.
- Assist in sales trip preparation and follow-up, building powerpoint presentations, eCat presentations, gathering samples, copying materials, and creating title spreadsheets as needed.
- Complete product setup spreadsheets and liaise with customer buyers and data managers.
- Prepare weekly sales reports, monitoring purchase orders and stock levels for key accounts.
- Execute regular mailings of advance book copies to customers.
- Monitor and manage inventory holds for customers.
- Track promotions, pull sales data, and build presentations when requested by sales managers.
- Provide ad-hoc support to sales managers by pulling together assets, samples, and data.
- Directly interface with buyers to make sure our customers receive quick and satisfactory help.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- One year of professional, full time office experience (internships acceptable); prior administrative work or sales support is ideal.
- MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word experience required.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude a must!
- Book experience or experience in a selling environment helpful
Please submit an engaging cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note Sales Assistant in the subject line of your email. As a publisher, communication skills are critically important; your cover letter should demonstrate your written communication ability and provide some insight into you as a candidate and your interest in specifically working at Chronicle Books.
***No calls please!***