#GiveBooks: Corrugated Paper Book Wrap
Who better to give tips on how to wrap your book gifts than Sally J Shim, author of Pretty Packages?
Books are the perfect gift to give to friends and family of all ages. For those of you who might be stumped on how to wrap up the books you will be gifting this holiday season, pick up some corrugated paper and a few extra paper and craft supplies in order to create custom book wraps.
- Corrugated paper
- Washi tape
- Tape (same color of corrugated paper)
- Paper scraps
- Optional: Letter stickers, thread
- Measuring tape
- Cutting mat
- X-ACTO knife
- Tape adhesive
- Optional: Circle paper punch, needle, sewing machine
- Using the measuring tape, measure the length around the book and height of the book.
- Using the X-ACTO knife, ruler, and cutting mat, cut the corrugated paper based on the measurements in Step 1. You will want to cut the corrugated paper so the ridges are wrapped vertically around the book.
- Wrap the corrugated paper around the book and seal with the matching tape.
- Option 1: Place tape adhesive on a strip of patterned paper and secure around the book wrap. Add a contrasting strip of paper and secure with tape adhesive. Place letter stickers on the paper strip.
Option 2: Place washi tape around the book wrap. Use washi tape of varying widths and colors.
Option 3: Place tape adhesive on a strip of paper and secure around the book wrap. Use the circle paper punch and cut out paper circles. Thread the sewing machine and stitch together paper circles. Wrap the paper circle garland around the book wrap and secure with tape.
Sally J Shim
Author of Pretty Packages. Read more from Sally at sallyjshim.com.
Latest posts by Sally J Shim (see all)
- Make Your Own Colorful + Modern Valentine’s Day Cards - February 10, 2016
- #GiveBooks: Corrugated Paper Book Wrap - December 15, 2014
- Pretty Packages - September 9, 2014
The Chronicle Books Gift GuideNovember 21st, 2017
A Look at Chronicle Books’ Fall 2017 ReleasesSeptember 20th, 2017
Let’s Make More Diverse BooksJuly 7th, 2017
Introducing Specs the Book Bike: Chronicle Books on WheelsJune 27th, 2017