Easy Summertime Dessert: Plum and Rosemary Tart
Fresh, simple, delicious… and simple! The vibrant cookbook Dinner’s In the Oven is a comprehensive guide to creating tasty and quick one pan meals for any time or day of the week. With 75 satisfying one pan meals, there is something for all friends and family to enjoy.
The Plum and Rosemary Tart below is a particularly divine way to use up summer’s bounty. Try it out for yourself!
Plum and Rosemary Tart
Serves: 4 generously or 6 after a large meal
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 to 30 minutes
From Rukmini Iyer:
“Plums and rosemary are such a lovely flavor match. Combined with brown sugar and a little cinnamon, the resulting smoky, caramelized fruit makes this tart, to my mind, one of the very best things to come out of this book. Use dark brown sugar here, not granulated, for a molasses-y and utterly addictive depth of flavor.”
- One 10-by-15-inch [25-by-38cm] sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 plums, halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup [75g] packed dark brown sugar
- Leaves of 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, finely chopped, plus 2 or 3 whole sprigs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F [220°C]. Place the puff pastry on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Top with the halved plums, cut-side up, leaving a 3⁄4-inch [2cm] border around the edge.
2. Mix together the brown sugar, chopped rosemary, and cinnamon, then scatter this mixture over the plums. Pull the leaves of the whole rosemary sprigs and scatter them over the top. Pinch the corners of the pastry together to raise the edges.
3. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Serve hot, with vanilla ice cream.
– – –
You can find Dinner’s In the Oven here.
Food photography by David Loftus, book photography by Michelle Park
Easy Summertime Dessert: Plum and Rosemary TartJune 27th, 2018
Honey’s Coconut Cupcakes from Jenn Segal’s Once Upon a ChefApril 16th, 2018