It Starts with Fruit
Jam making gets a bad rap for being highly technical, complicated, messy, hot, and sticky; but preserving fruit can be simple and easy.
Jordan Champagne unlocks the secrets of mouthwatering fruit sauces and butters, delicious whole-fruit preserves, and fresh-tasting jams and marmalades from the comfort of your home kitchen.
It Starts with Fruit features 73 recipes total: master recipes for each type of preserve, followed by recipes for jams, marmalade, juices, syrups, shrubs, whole fruit preserves, butters, pie fillings, and dried fruits, plus a final chapter on baking with preserves.
• Great for home cooks who want an easy and approachable guide to making jams and other fruit-based preserves
• Jordan's gentle and encouraging methods will guide you through the process of making incredible fruit preserves using seasonal produce.
• Learn inventive techniques that are more flavorful and less complicated than traditional methods—with less sugar, too!
Jordan Champagne, author and cofounder of Happy Girl Kitchen, learned how to make jam while working on a farm, trying to use up fruits and vegetables that would otherwise go to waste. Now it's your turn to learn.
Recipes include Raspberry Lemon Jam, Pink Grapefruit Marmalade, Honeyed Apricots, and Peach Rosemary Syrup, as well as baking recipes to turn your fabulous preserves into Thumbprint Cookies, Jam Bars, Fruit Cobbler, and Homemade Toaster Pastries.
• A must-have for anyone who wants to learn about making jam and other preserves, likes experimenting in the kitchen, or enjoys DIY projects
• Approachable for first-timers who feel intimidated by jam-making
• Perfect for those who loved The Noma Guide to Fermentation by René Redzepi & David Zilber, The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook by Rachel Saunders, and Preserving by the Pint by Marisa McClellan