In just seven years, Jaime Schmidt went from making natural products in her Portland, Oregon kitchen to turning her brand into a household name and selling her company in a nine-figure acquisition. Supermaker is her guide to business and career development on your own terms.
Through unfiltered storytelling and instructive takeaways, the acclaimed entrepreneur, founder of Schmidt's Naturals, and icon of the Maker Movement shares how you too can start or grow your own business with her secrets on marketing, sales growth, product development, customer engagement, scaling operations, and partnerships.
Following Jaime’s journey from market stand to global brand, readers will take away:
• The keys to establishing a financially successful business for entrepreneurs and professionals ready to go from maker to magnate.
• Tactical approaches to branding, PR, sales, marketing, culture development, and team management.
• Candid advice and storytelling from an industry disruptor and proven executive.
Following her growth from kitchen to acquisition, Supermaker is a riveting mix of inspiration, the honest airing of mistakes, and indispensable instruction.
• A go-to guide for the passion-to-profit journey.
• The perfect read for aspiring entrepreneurs, makers, creatives, and anyone with an interest in selling their products online, retail strategy, or digital marketing.
• Great for anyone who enjoyed Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie, Craft, Inc: Turn Your Creative Hobby into a Business by Meg Mateo Ilasco, and The Girls' Guide to Starting Your Own Business: Candid Advice, Frank Talk, and True Stories for the Successful Entrepreneur by Caitlin Friedman.
Jaime Schmidt is the quintessential maker–made–good.
As the founder and former CEO of Schmidt's Jaime led the brand to sales in over 30 countries and onto the shelves of Target Costco CVS Walmart and Whole Foods. The brand was acquired by Unilever in 2017 with Jaime continuing to support their global expansion and partnerships with the likes of Jane Goodall and Justin Bieber.
After selling Schmidt's Jaime established new companies designed to support emerging entrepreneurs in achieving their own dreams. Alongside her husband Chris Cantino she is co-founder of Supermaker a media platform featuring diverse independent brands and modern workplace values. They are also the founders of Color an investment fund that supports entrepreneurs largely excluded from the venture financing system–primarily women and people of color.
Jaime has been recognized twice by Goldman Sachs' 100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs awards Ernst & Young's Pacific Northwest Entrepreneur of the Year Inc.'s Female Founders 100 the Create & Cultivate 100 and is an inaugural mentor of the Inc. Founders Project.