Bibliophile: Diverse Spines
It's time to diversify your reading list.
This richly illustrated and vastly inclusive collection uplifts the works of authors who are often underrepresented in the literary world. Using their keen knowledge and deep love for all things literary, coauthors Jamise Harper (founder of the Diverse Spines book community) and Jane Mount (author of Bibliophile) collaborated to create an essential volume filled with treasures for every reader:
- Dozens of themed illustrated book stacks—like Classics, Contemporary Fiction, Mysteries, Cookbooks, and more—all with an emphasis on authors of color and own voices
- A look inside beloved bookstores owned by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
- Reading recommendations from leading BIPOC literary influencers
- EASY TO GIFT: This portable guide is packed with more than 150 colorful illustrations is a perfect gift for any booklover. The textured paper cover, gold foil, and ribbon marker make this book a special gift or self-purchase.
- DISCOVER UNSUNG LITERARY HEROES: The authors dive deep into a wide variety of genres, such as Contemporary Fiction, Classics, Young Adult, Sci-Fi, and more to bring the works of authors of color to the fore.
- ENDLESS READING INSPIRATION: Themed book stacks and reading suggestions from luminaries of the literary world provide curated book recommendations. Your to-read list will thank you.
Jane Mount is an illustrator, designer, and sometimes writer. In 2008, she founded Ideal Bookshelf, a company that makes things for bibliophiles. She currently lives in a log cabin on the slopes of a long-dormant volcano on Maui with her husband and weird cats.
Jamise Harper is the creator of the #diversespines hashtag and the Diverse Spines book community on social media, which highlights literature by Black women and women of color. She is also the creator of Spines & Vines, a blog dedicated to book and wine pairings. She lives in the Washington, D.C., Metro Area.