Good for You
100 recipes for gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets
Award-winning chef Akhtar Nawab presents 100 healthful and hearty recipes that satisfy every appetite.
Inspired by his Indian heritage, Kentucky upbringing, and professional experience cooking in Mexican and Italian restaurants, these recipes are as unique as they are delicious.
• Great for gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets
• Wholesome, accessible recipes that pack serious flavor into every bite
• Covers basic building blocks—like vegan soubise and gluten-free bread—as well as more advanced recipes and techniques
With bright, enticing photography, Good for You is a delicious pick for both amateur and seasoned home cooks.
Recipes include Blueberry Ginger Smoothie, Gazpacho with Poached Shrimp, Fish Tacos with Pistachio Mole, and Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with Sea Salt.
• This book is for anyone who wants to eat well and feel good.
• Akhtar Nawab is the chef behind Alta Calidad and Alta Calidad Taqueria in New York, and Otra Vez in New Orleans
• Perfect for home cooks who want to take their clean eating to the next level with interesting spices, marinades, and methods
• Add it to the shelf with books like The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka; Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking by Samin Nosrat; and The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg.
Antonis Achilleos is a food and lifestyle photographer based in Birmingham, Alabama.
Akhtar Nawab is the award-winning chef behind Alta Calidad and Alta Calidad Taqueria in New York, and Otra Vez in New Orleans. He lives in Manhattan.
Andrea Strong is a Brooklyn-based journalist and cookbook author.