Garden Party is a collection of charming sketches and quotes from artist Helen Dardik.
Dardik's pen-and-ink drawings are replicated from her sketchbooks and interspersed with quotes from classic novels such as Alice in Wonderland and The Secret Garden.
Dardik's illustrations of girl-fairies, flora, and fauna create a magical, dreamy world. Many of her characters are hybrid girl/plant creatures whose friends include a menagerie of cats, dogs, and other critters.
- Her illustrations are predominantly black-and-white, with a limited palette of accent colors.
- Aesthetic feels equal parts vintage Scandinavian modern folk art and Japanese Kawaii culture,
- Girl-powered and nature themed
This is a charming, girl-centric book that is perfect for all gift opportunities, whether it's for a graduation or Mother's Day or simply for yourself.
The book's design is also a delight—it looks and feels like an actual sketchbook.
- A perfect gift for teens, young adult women, mom-to-daughter, daughter-to-mom, friend-to-friend
- Dardik's unique illustration style is at once elegant and whimsical.
- Great for those who loved In the Garden of My Dreams: The Art of Nathalie Lété by Nathalie Lété. and How to Be a Wildflower by Katie Daisy
Helen Dardik was born in Ukraine, raised in Siberia and now lives and works in Ottawa, Canada.