Imagine switching on the television to see a highlight reel of the best moments from your life. Like a professional athlete, with every clip you'd learn how to repeat past successes, pinpoint positive blind spots, and build confidence in your skills.
In Exceptional, London Business School professor and expert social scientist Daniel M. Cable reveals how building your own personal highlight reel—a collection of positive memories about yourself from your network—is key to accessing your potential. Using the latest science and proven research behind best-self activation, his three-step process will help you improve your life by:
- Focusing on what you do best
- Crafting a life around your strengths
- Increasing your confidence and resilience
Each of us can bring forth a version of ourself that is uniquely outstanding. It's a version of ourself that already exists—all we have to do is access it.
- A practical book on how to create one's own human highlight reel, and then use that highlight reel to direct one to success, growth, happiness, and fulfillment in work and life based on scientific results
- Great for readers interested in achieving self-improvement and a sense of purpose.
- Add it to the shelf with books like Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck, Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges by Amy Cuddy, and The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg.
DANIEL M. CABLE is a professor of organizational behavior and author of Alive at Work. Cable and his consultancy Essentic have worked with hundreds of organizations—including IKEA, McDonald's, Twitter, and Coca-Cola—to help tens of thousands of people create their personal highlight reels. His research has been featured on CNBC and in Harvard Business Review, the Economist, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Business Week, and more. He lives in London.