In this sequel to the bestselling Mythos, legendary author and actor Stephen Fry moves from the exploits of the Olympian gods to the deeds of mortal heroes.
Perseus. Jason. Atalanta. Theseus. Heracles. Rediscover the thrills, grandeur, and unabashed fun of the Greek myths. Whether recounting a tender love affair or a heroic triumph, Fry deftly finds resonance with our own modern minds and hearts.
Illustrated throughout with classical art inspired by the myths, this gorgeous volume invites you to explore a captivating world with a brilliant storyteller as your guide.
• Each adventure is infused with Fry's distinctive voice and writing style.
• Connoisseurs of the Greek myths will appreciate this fresh-yet-reverential interpretation, while newcomers will feel welcome.
• Retellings brim with humor and emotion.
"Mostly Chiron saw in the child and the young man he became boundless courage athleticism intelligence and ambition. He saw too lots of words beginning with 'self ' which gave him pause. Self-belief self-possession self-righteousness self-confidence self-love. Perhaps these characteristics are as necessary to a hero as courage."
In Heroes Fry draws out the humor and pathos in both tender love affairs and heroic battles and reveals each myth's relevance for our own time.
• A collector's edition filled with classical art inspired by the myths and a luxe foil-stamped jacket
• Perfect gift for mythology and history buffs lovers of ancient Greece art aficionados and devoted fans of Stephen Fry
• Add it to the shelf with books like Circe by Madeline Miller Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman and Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton
Stephen Fry is an award-winning writer comedian actor and director. He rose to fame in A Bit of Fry & Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster. He hosted over 180 episodes of QI and narrated the audio versions of the Harry Potter novels. His books include four novels and three volumes of autobiography. He lives in Los Angeles and London.