Be My Neighbor?
Welcome to the neighborhood! The new cats on the block are ready to bake cookies, but they're a few items short! Help them gather ingredients by going house to house, and meet a medley of critter families. Explore each neighbor's unique home while searching inside lift-the-flap cupboards, drawers, and more to find the needed ingredients. The best housewarming treat of all? A neighborhood full of new friends!
Lift the flaps and search the scene! This immersive dollhouse-shaped book is filled with detailed seek-and-find scenes, an abundance of lift-the-flaps, and educational first words to engage and delight young readers.
- WELCOMING MESSAGE ABOUT COMMUNITY: The new family on the block goes door-to-door getting to know their neighbors, borrowing cookie ingredients, and eventually delivering cookies. At a time when neighborhood communities are more essential than ever, this is a much-needed story about community, generosity, how to give and how to receive, how to come together, and how to welcome someone new.
- SEEK-AND-FIND meets LIFT-THE-FLAP: More than 60 flaps to lift and explore! Each spread features a new neighbor's home—get to know each family's interests, hobbies, collections, and favorite colors in these immersive and detailed scenes. Then, lift the flaps on each spread to find the next ingredient needed to bake cookies!
- FIRST WORDS: With labels scattered throughout each home, this book has a special take on first words, emphasizing exploration, discovery, and play, and making learning a breeze!
- SHAPED LIKE A DOLLHOUSE: With a dollhouse shape, this toy-like book is heightened by the flaps that allow for exploration and imaginative play on each page. The larger trim encourages readers to pore over the detail-rich illustrations.
- STAR DESIGN TALENT: Instantly recognizable for her cute critters and Technicolor palette, in this latest offering Suzy Ultman's aesthetic has the flavor of Wes Anderson with a dash of kawaii cuteness. Sure to appeal to the design-minded buyer!
- Fans of Suzy Ultman
- Anyone who loves dollhouses, décor, and detail!
Suzy Ultman is an illustrator, product designer, toy creator, and bookmaker of sophisticated and simple objects that inspire and delight young and old alike. From living in Los Angeles to Portland, across the sea to Amsterdam and back to the Midwest, Suzy's exploration and immersion into these neighborhoods influence her work even today. Whether gracing your bookshelf or decorating a nursery, Suzy's signature products tell a story of connection, community, and finding your place within a global family. She's nested with her husband and three sons in their cozy home in Ohio.