Every Little Kindness
When one act of kindness sparks another, anything is possible! As a girl searches for her lost dog, a simple act of generosity ripples into a wave of good deeds. In the course of a single day, each considerate action weaves lives together and transforms a neighborhood for the better.
This wordless story, told in beautiful illustrations reminiscent of a graphic novel, demonstrates how every little kindness, shared from person to person, can turn a collection of strangers into a community, and—even though we might not always see it—make the world a more vibrant and compassionate place to be.
- SHOWS CHILDREN WHY KINDNESS MATTERS: By demonstrating how each kind act leads to another, this heartfelt book shares an important message with children that even small actions can have a big effect.
- EASY TO FOLLOW: Told entirely in wordless illustrations with pops of color for every good deed, anyone can enjoy following this simple yet powerful story and appreciate the wisdom it shares.
- INCLUSIVE CAST OF CHARACTERS: This book features characters of all ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds, showing how a diverse community comes together to care for one another.
- INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVE: Created by award-winning Slovenian artist Marta Bartolj, this story offers a perspective on kindness that resonates in any country.
- Fans of wordless picture books
Marta Bartolj is an artist and illustrator from Novo Mesto, Slovenia. She holds a master's degree from the Academy of Fine Arts and Design, Ljubljana, where she immersed herself in the study of illustration. Every Little Kindness, the first book she authored, was recognized as an outstanding wordless picture book at the Kristina Brenkova Awards. Marta lives in Trebnje, Slovenia.