A Pizza with Everything on It
★"[A] delightful collaboration. . . [T]he sheer joy of Pizza’s illustrations becomes palpable in a savory series of tomato-saucy full-bleed spreads that capture the majesty and scope of a new universe made of pizza. . . . Delicious."
—Booklist, starred review
It's a tale as old as time: a kid wants to make a pizza with his dad, but not just any pizza . . . he wants a pizza with everything on it. That's right, everything. But as the toppings pile on, this father-son duo accidentally create a pizza so delicious, so extravagant, so over-the-top, that it destroys the universe—and the cosmos go as dark as burnt crust. Will anyone enjoy pizza ever again? At turns heartwarming, hilarious, and completely out of this world, Kyle Scheele and Andy J. Pizza deliver a riotous adventure that will melt readers minds and hearts and leave them calling for a second helping.
- FATHER'S DAY GIFTING: This heartwarming and hilarious portrait of a memorable father-son bonding experience is the perfect way to show appreciation to the tough-to-buy-for dad all year round, and especially on Father's Day!
- FOOD-THEMED HILARITY: A mouthwatering and laugh-out-loud funny story of culinary catastrophe! This book is for fans of food-themed classics like Green Eggs and Ham, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.
- ELEMENT OF CHAOS: Starting with something as relatable as pizza toppings, and culminating in the destruction of the universe, the escalating silliness is literally out of this world. For anyone who loves books that celebrate the absurd and chaotic, like Dragons Love Tacos or Llama Destroys the World.
- TIMELESS QUALITY: A classic family-bonding moment—making pizza—leads to memorable father-son adventure, with a heartwarming and satisfying ending ensuring countless rereads.
- PIZZA: Universal and delicious.
- Anyone who likes pizza
- Anyone looking for Father's Day gifts
- Fathers looking for a lighthearted book to share with their kids
- Fans of the absurd, chaotic, and hilarious
- Foodies and their children
- Anyone looking for wholesome family stories about family bonding
- Fans of Dragons Love Tacos and Llama Destroys the World
★"[A] delightful collaboration. . . [T]he sheer joy of Pizza’s illustrations becomes palpable in a savory series of tomato-saucy full-bleed spreads that capture the majesty and scope of a new universe made of pizza. . . . Scheele’s hilarious concept and Pizza’s endearing pencil-and gouache art. . . capture some real heart in the father-son relationship. And what is pizza, really, but the great connector? Its power is on full display here, and a brilliant case cover mimicking a pizza box hidden underneath the book jacket is the cherry on top of this savory screwball romp. Delicious."
—Booklist, starred review
"[A Pizza with Everything on It is] catnip for pizza’s many fans, and something more: a joyful tribute to a parent and child who are two peas in a pod within a wide universe of families and pizzas."
"The book is lighthearted in tone, while expertly depicting the bond between father and child. The bulbous, cartoony illustrations complement the zany plot. . . . Vast spreads and deep, saturated hues strike a vibrant contrast in the fantastical outer space scenes. Deliciously absurd, serve this tale to readers looking for fun and hilarity."
—School Library Journal
"Kids books should be fun and silly, and A Pizza With Everything On It has both of those traits in spades."
—AV Club, "Best Picture Books of 2021 So Far"
Celebrate Black History Month!
Honor the struggle, triumph, and beauty of the Black experience with these titles from Chronicle Books.Explore the collection →