Chili crisp is a magical ingredient that tingles with heat, crunches with fried garlic and onions, and slicks any food with oily goodness. Stir it into soup, toss it with noodles, or drizzle it on warm, buttery biscuits. It’s both a foodie obsession and a surprise secret weapon for adding spice and depth to any meal.
James Park, food writer and chili crisp devotee, writes a love letter to his favorite ingredient across 50 recipes. These approachable and adaptable recipes could fill your whole day with chili crisp:
- Start the day with Savory Morning Oats with Jammy Eggs and Pork Floss.
- Whip up Fiery Spaghetti and Meatballs for lunch.
- Tuck into a bowl of Chili Crisp Bulgogi Deopbap and a side of Spicy, Lemony Charred Broccolini for dinner.
- For dessert, Spiced Sweet Potato Basque Cheesecake. (Bonus: You can air fry it!)
Packed with chili crisp inspiration to take your love of this spicy ingredient to the next level, Chili Crisp provides dozens of no-recipe recipes (like potato chips and chili crisp, a match made in snack heaven) and a handy build-your-own chili crisp formula to inspire you to create your very own version. Soon all your family and friends will be clamoring for a jar.
A BELOVED INGREDIENT: Chili crisp, a delicious combination of chili flakes, oil, and crunchy things like garlic or toasted dried onions, is loved by millions the world over for topping fried eggs in the morning, swirling into creamy pasta, or drizzling on top of ice cream (yes, ice cream). There's never been a better time to discover the magical world that chili crisp has to offer.
FROM A CHILI CRISP EXPERT: James Park is a serious fan of chili crisp. Through his time at major food publications like Eater and Food52 and exploring his identity through Korean cooking, Park has gained a devoted following thanks to his inventive recipes and infectious love for all things food.
NO-RECIPE RECIPES: In addition to the 50 recipes for snacks, weeknight meals, sides, and desserts, there are dozens of pairing suggestions and flavor guides to take your love of chili crisp to the next level.
- Chili crisp fans and those who are chili crisp–curious
- Fans of spicy foods and recipes
- Anyone looking for creative recipes for weeknight meals
- Pairing with a jar of spicy chili crisp to create memorable cooking gifts or gifts for foodies
- Adding to cookbook collections alongside Eric Kim's Korean American, Maangchi's Big Book Of Korean Cooking, and Momofuku: A Cookbook
James Park is a recipe developer and food writer based in Brooklyn. Trained at the International Culinary Center in New York City, he has worked with various food media brands such as The Kitchn, Eater, Food52, and BuzzFeed. He co-hosts the Youtube channel KA KA Studio, which shares unique Korean American experiences and perspectives through Korean food, culture, and travel. He shares his love for Korean cuisine and culture, fried chicken, chili crisp, and more at @jamesyworld on social media.
“It is impossible to find someone more passionate about chili crisp than James Park. Cooking through his book will be the most pleasurable spicy joyride of your life. I am for sure looking forward to it.”—Eric Sze, chef and owner of 886 and Wenwen and the creator of Sze Daddy Chili Sauce