Distant Shores is an impressive photographic record of Chris Burkard’s search for wild, remote surfing destinations around the globe.
Chris Burkard’s photographs are punctuated by energized landscapes and moments of bliss.
With the ocean as his main muse, Burkard has consistently captured this subject in timeless and expansive photographs.
- Burkard spent more than a decade on this quest.
- Explores how surfing is a bridge between the humble human figure and awe-inspiring, powerful natural landscapes
- Features adventure-seeking surfers and images of natural serenity
Chris Burkard has established himself as a major photographer in the surf, outdoor, and adventure communities.
Chronicling some of the most beautiful natural phenomena in the world, Distant Shores makes a great pick for lovers of surfing, nature, and photography.
- Perfect for surfers, photographers, adventurer seekers, and those who appreciate the beauty of our natural landscape
- Features extreme locations around the globe and awe-inspiring phenomena, like the aurora borealis alongside extreme surfers
- Gorgeous on display on the coffee table
- Add it to the shelf with books like Swell: A Year of Waves by Evan Slater, Leroy Grannis: Surf Photography of the 1960s and 1970s by Jim Heimann and Steve Barilotti, and The California Surf Project by Eric Soderquist and Chris Burkard