Get Up, Stand Up
The third board book adaptation of one of Bob Marley's beloved songs that has a timely message for children: To counter injustice, lift others up with kindness and courage.A heartfelt and meaningful book that brings Bob Marley's music to life in a new way: As a young girl goes on with her day in school, she comes across several instances of teasing and intimidation. But with loving action and some help from her friends, she's able to make things right for herself and others.
TMARLEY'S MESSAGE OF PEACE & UNITY: This playful children's book includes the impactful lyrics of Bob Marley's song Get Up, Stand Up" that has inspired millions of listeners around the world with messages of peace, love, and truth.
WRITTEN BY BOB MARLEY'S DAUGHTER: Author Cedella Marley has dedicated herself to keeping her father's message and memory alive.
BRILLIANT COLORFUL ARTWORK: With exuberant pictures by John Jay Cabuay accompanying Marley's iconic lyrics, Get Up, Stand Up is a vibrant testament to the power we all have to make a difference.
• Read-aloud book for home, preschool, kindergarten and grade school classrooms, library, or camp
• Readers of all ages with a great message, light-hearted tone, and cheerful illustrations
• Gift for fans of the first two titles in the Bob Marley books set
• A multicultural music book for toddlers and kids that celebrates diversity with a joyful reggae beat
• Pairing with a recording of Bob Marley's music, a toy instrument, or sheet of celebratory stickers for a birthday, baby shower, holiday, or special occasion gift
Bob Marley, a Jamaican singer-songwriter, is one of the twentieth century's most important and influential entertainment icons, and his lifestyle and music continue to inspire new generations as his legacy lives on through his music.
Cedella Marley, the eldest child of Bob Marley, is also the author of One Love and Three Little Birds and performs with the Melody Makers internationally. She lives in Miami, Florida.
John Jay Cabuay received his MFA in illustration from the Fashion Institute of Technology, and his illustrations have graced the covers of newspapers, magazines, and books worldwide. He lives in New York City.