Delight in the data of your life with this beautifully illustrated journal from bestselling author Lea Redmond.
Collect data from your everyday activities and learn to recognize the extraordinary patterns all around you!
Can you remember all your dreams? Can you predict how long it will take you to spot 250 smiles? Personalize these colorful and quirky diagrams, charts, and graphs as you keep track of the most curious and remarkable elements of your everyday life. Not only a robust and hands-on tutorial on infographics, this activity book also invites you to be present, to notice, and to reflect upon the vast world around you—and inside of you—inevitably leading to new insights. Log your own unique, one-of-a-kind life, and add the extra to the ordinary!
BESTSELLING AUTHOR: Lea Redmond is the author of MANY books—and her Letters to My . . . series alone has sold more than 3 million copies!
MINDFULNESS: As kids work their way through the journal, the infographics become beautiful, meaningful works of art. Along the way, users are inspired to become better observers, to delight in the rich data of their lives, and to mindfully reflect upon the patterns they discover.
EDUCATIONAL APPEAL: Graphs, infographics, maps, and other visual ways of representing data are included on standardized tests, and educators need new and engaging ways to teach this content. This journal will get kids writing, drawing, expressing their emotions—and enjoying it, no less!
JOURNALING & ACTIVITY FUN: It’s perfect for fans of Wreck This Journal, How to Be an Explorer of the World, and The Pocket Scavenger!
PERSONALIZABLE: Users can personalize the front cover by writing in their names as the coauthors—after all, they provide all the interesting bits! Then, when they begin a new activity, they can color the corresponding flower petal containing the name of that activity, tracking journalers’ progress. It’s a visual—and interactive—table of contents!
- Tech- or data-obsessed parents, educators, and kids
- Anyone looking for new ways of thinking about mindfulness
- Anyone looking for smart and fun STEAM content
- Children interested in science or observation
- Educators looking for new ways to teach about infographics, facts, and other related ideas
- Fans of journaling formats, such as Wreck This Journal, How to Be an Explorer of the World, and The Pocket Scavenger
Andrea Tsurumi's breakdown is 25 percent author, 25 percent illustrator, 25 percent cartoonist, and 25 percent dog parent who lives and draws in Philadelphia. All 100 percent of them made the books Crab Cake: Turning the Tide Together and Accident!. They're also 50 percent of the team that made Sharko And Hippo by Elliott Kalan and the Kondo & Kezumi series by David Goodner. Learn more about Andrea at www.andreatsurumi.com.