The Ocean: A Handbook is a treasure trove of information and inspiration for anyone with an abiding love for the ocean.
This beautiful book features short-subject deep dives on topics like science, sailing, kayaking, surfing, diving, survival, and much more.
From experienced seafarers to ocean novices, for those about to ride their first wave, stand-up paddle on a dive, or identify a bird that landed on the bow, The Ocean is rich with how-to advice and instruction.
- Features expert consultation and entertaining asides about the sea
- Filled with more than 200 informative and evocative illustrations
- A compilation of miscellany and delight for the ocean lover
In The Ocean, a sense of respect and wonder for the ocean come together under a foil-stamped and textured cover.
This handsomely packaged volume is the go-to guide for anyone captivated by the wonder, power, and mystery of the sea.
- An entertaining, authoritative, and captivating guide to all activities involving the sea
- The ultimate gift book for sailors, fishers, surfers, beachcombers, and ocean lovers everywhere
- Perfect for people who live in coastal areas, and love the ocean, sailing, and ships
- Add it to the shelf with books like SAS Survival Handbook by John Wiseman, Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden, and Cabin Porn by Beaver Brook
Jeremy K. Spencer is an award-winning writer and editor whose work has appeared in publications like Men's Journal, Wired, Vice, The Millions, and Outside, where he was a longtime senior editor. He has edited books for all of the Big Five publishing houses, including multiple New York Times Best Sellers. As a creative director, he's helped dozens of top global brands tell their stories. A native of Memphis, he now lives with his family in Portland, Oregon.
Celebrate AAPI Heratige Month!Explore the collection →