Once Upon a Chef, the Cookbook
A Washington Post Bestseller.
Once upon a time Jenn Segal went to culinary school and worked in fancy restaurants. One marriage and two kids later she created Once Upon a Chef, the popular blog that applies her tried-and-true chef skills with delicious, fresh, and approachable ingredients for family-friendly meals. Today, Jenn cooks dinner for her family every night, and in her book, she shares 100 recipes that will up your kitchen game while surprising you with their ease. With the authority of a professional chef and the practicality of a busy working mom, Jenn teaches you to improve your cooking one recipe at a time, with helpful tips on topics such as how to season correctly with salt, how to balance flavors, and how to make the most of leftovers.
There is something for every meal of the day:
· Breakfast favorites like Maple, Coconut & Blueberry Granola and Savory Ham & Cheese Waffles.
· Simple soups, salads, and sandwiches for ideal lunches (try the Fiery Roasted Tomato Soup paired with Smoked Gouda & Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches).
· Entrées the whole family will love like Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders.
· Tasty treats for those casual get-togethers like Buttery Cajun Popcorn and Sweet, Salty & Spicy Pecans.
· Go-to sweets such as Toffee Almond Sandies and a Classic Chocolate Lover's Birthday Cake.
Flip through the pages of this book, and you'll want to make every recipe—whether it's an easy family dinner your kids will love, an indulgent dessert for someone special, or fun cocktails and appetizers for your friends. This is the book you'll turn to again and again, and with Jenn by your side in the kitchen, every meal will taste like the best night out!
Jenn Segal is the founder of Once Upon a Chef, the popular blog showcasing easy, family-friendly recipes from a chef's point of view. Her recipes have been featured on numerous websites, magazines, and television programs, including The Huffington Post, WJLA's Good Morning Washington, and Parade.com. Before starting her blog, Jenn cooked at the acclaimed L'Auberge Chez Francois and was director of marketing for a prominent restaurant group, both in the Washington D.C. metro area. She now lives in Potomac, Maryland, with her husband and two children.
“Segal shares her knowledge in a palatable, conversational way that reminds us we can learn much by doing. The gorgeous, yet approachable, photos hammer home that the Once Upon a Chef world is one where aspirational and actually-happening-in-my-kitchen can meet.”