They Drew as They Pleased Volume 6
They Drew as They Pleased Volume 6: The Hidden Art of Disney's New Golden Age explores the Disney Animation Studios from the 1990s through 2010s.
This gorgeous volume is the culmination of this landmark series, profiling artists Joe Grant, Hans Bacher, Mike Gabriel, and Michael Giaimo.
• Blockbusters like The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Frozen, and Moana captivated audiences around the globe.
• Explores how Disney navigated the dramatic shift to computer animation
• Filled with vivid descriptions, never-before-seen art, and interviews with the artists themselves
This visually rich collection offers a rare view of the artists whose collective talents exemplify Disney's storied past and visionary leap forward.
As Disney shifted to computer animation, the featured artists were part of the animation process through it all—as they had been since the studio's inception.
• Ideal for anyone looking for a unique visual history of Disney's artists, as well as unprecedented access to concept art
• Makes a wonderful gift for fans of Disney, animation, pop culture, and film history
• A visually gorgeous volume that can be displayed on the coffee table or on the shelf
• Perfect for those who loved The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation by Ollie Johnston, The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams, and Walt Disney by Neal Gabler
©2020 Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Didier Ghez is the author and editor of numerous books about the Disney studio and its artists, including the books in the Walt's People series and in the They Drew as They Pleased series. In 2018, Ghez received the prestigious June Foray Award for significant and benevolent impact on the art and industry of animation. He lives in Coral Gables, Florida.
Burny Mattinson is the longest serving employee in Disney history and one of the few remaining artists who worked with Walt Disney. The veteran Disney filmmaker has worked on a number of classics including Lady and the Tramp, The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, and Tarzan, and he was officially inducted as a Disney Legend in 2008. He lives in San Francisco.